The Nunavik Youth Forum in replacement of Saputiit Youth Association has opened a call for nomination on August 7, 2015 and will close the nomination process August 27, 2015. Elections are scheduled for September 3, 2015. 6 Board Member positions in 3 ridings as well as 3 Executive positions are open for nominations.
a) Board of Directors: Eight (8) Positions
- Two (2) Ungava Community Riding positions, which include the communities of Kangirsualujjuaq, Kuujjuaq, Tasiujaq, Aupaluk & Kangirsuk.
- Two (2) Hudson Strait community Riding positions, which include the communities of Quaqtaq, Kangiqsujuaq, Salluit, Ivujivik & Akulivik.
- Two (2) Hudson Bay community Riding positions, which include the communities of Puvirnituq, Inukjuak, Umiujaq, Kuujjuaraapik & Chisasibi.
- Elder Appointee, to be confirmed by Avataq Cultural Institute
- Makivik Appointee, to be confirmed by the board of directors of Makivik Corporation.
2. Transition Phase: 2015 to 2017 Elections. During the next three years, this will be a transition phase for the process of elections. All new positions will be filled should there be a sufficient amount of members that have filled out the nomination forms on August 7, 2015.
Further, the following positions will have an initial duration of appointment according to the transition phase.
- The Positions of the Executive Member of Secretary-treasurer as well as the Ungava Community Riding Board members will have a term of 1 year. Once the initial one-year term is complete in 2016, the positions will have another election process and the term becomes a three-year term then from 2016 to 2019.
- The positions of the Executive Member of Vice President as well as the Hudson Strait Community Riding Board members will have a term of 2 years. Once the initial two-year term is complete in 2017, the positions will have another election process and the term becomes a three-year term then from 2017 to 2020.
- The positions of the Executive Member of President as well as the Hudson Bay Community Riding Board Members will have a term of 3 years and will be the only Executive Position and riding to have such terms during the transition process from 2015 to 2018.
For Further information and or nomination forms, please contact the Chief Returning Officer, Andrew Epoo. 819-254-0887 or by email, firstname.lastname@example.org”
Board member formto download the file
President formto download the file
Secretary Treasurer formto download the file
Vice-President formto download the file