Featured web articles
Finding the wings to fly:
Aviation opens its doors for Nunavik youth
- Wednesday May 13, 2020 -Ten high school students from Nunavik, had the chance to learn about exciting opportunities in the aviation and space sector through a three-day Aviation Career Exploration Tour.
A Seasoned Role Model :
Alicia Aragutak honoured with
2020 Indspire Inuit Youth Award
- Thursday May 28, 2020 -She may be young, but at 26, Alicia Aragutak has been around. She is currently the Executive Director of the Isuarsivik Regional Recovery Centre in Kuujjuaq.
New Cargo Facility Open for Business:
Warehouse strengthens essential cargo link between North and South
- Thursday May 28, 2020 -March 15 marked the official opening of Air Inuit’s new 21,000-sqaure-foot warehouse at Montreal’s Pierre Elliot Trudeau Airport in Dorval, ensuring goods flow consistently and efficiently between the North and South.
How Health Authorities React to Counter it
- Monday June 1, 2020 -When COVID-19 seized the attention of the province of Quebec, the Nunavik Regional Board of Health and Social Services (NRBHSS) swiftly activated its emergency cell composed of key players required to address the crisis.
Nunavik Organizations Mobilize
- Monday June 1, 2020 -The COVID-19 Pandemic has been spreading around the world since the end of December, but it only was detected in Nunavik on March 28. Here are some of the actions that have been taken to protect [...] Read the full story
Third victory for Cain and Labbe
in race touched by tragedy
- Monday June 1, 2020 -For the third year in a row, Tasiujammiut Willie Cain and Ken Labbe won the Ivakkak 2020 husky dogsled race.
Land selection atlas relevant as historical document and tool for possible future change
- Tuesday June 2, 2020 -The atlas describes the Inuit land selection process associated with the JBNQA from 1975 to 1979.