Makivik Corporation is seeking a Trust Administrator to assist with the administration of various trusts: the Nunavik Inuit Trust 2, Raglan 3 Trust and High Arctic Relocatees Partition Trust and other trusts as the case may be. The position is under the Makivik Legal Department and also involves providing administrative assistance to the members of the legal team.
For more information please contact
Joanne Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prepare and maintain the minutes and action items of all meetings of the trusts administered by Makivik Corporation
- Administration of the day-to-day business of the trusts, including, the compilation of the names of all eligible beneficiaries, the breakdown of allocation owing to such eligible beneficiaries, and the preparation and distribution of compensation, communicating with beneficiaries and governmental agencies;
- Maintenance of files and calendars of all trusts and assisting the secretaries of each trust in notification of all meetings and other business of the Trusts;
- Liaise with the Finance Department with respect to trust payments, expenses, taxes, etc.
- Prepare all the correspondence to be issued to trust beneficiaries;
- Provide administrative assistance to the legal department and perform any additional tasks assigned from time to time in connection with the business of the legal department.
- Languages: Inuktitut and English, French an asset;
- Although some training will be provided, relevant experience and training in trust administration, finance, paralegal or accounting is an asset;
- English writing skills;
- Computer skills; word, internet, excel, etc;
- Strong capacities to work in a team setting;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Be reliable, meticulous and autonomous;
- Be respectful (confidentiality and non-judgmental);
- Be available to travel for trainings or meetings.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual (i.e. travel, cargo, gas, isolation premium).
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.