Makivik Job Opportunity
The position will be under the supervision of the Head of Administration, Corporate Secretary’s Department.
- Translate, review and edit materials regularly from English to Inuktitut and from Inuktitut to English in conformity with corporation guidelines;
- Maintain consistency of grammar, pagination, layout, and style across translations, and adhere to Makivik format/content standards;
- Proofread and edit final translated versions;
- Perform quality review checks of other translators’ work;
- Assist the Corporate Administrator in the administration of outsourced translations;
- Participate in meetings such as Board of Directors and Annual General meetings for ad hoc translations as requested by the Head of Administration or the Corporate Secretary;
- Any other duties requested by the Head of Administration or the Corporate Secretary.
- High school graduation. Higher education is an asset;
- At least five years’ experience in a translator role;
- Fluent in oral and written languages both Inuktitut and English is required;
- Strong interpersonal skills, sound judgement and excellent work ethic;
- Knowledge of Nunavik and Inuit culture;
- Exceptional translation, proofreading, written and verbal communication skills in Inuktitut and English;
- Inuktitut keyboarding speed of 30 words per minute;
- Ability to work with and protect confidential information;
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment and meet strict deadlines with changing priorities;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Ability to communicate with other staff within a team environment;
- Ability to travel for meetings;
- Reliable and autonomous.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs