Makivik Job Opportunity
Secretary – Accounting Clerk (Maternity Replacement – One Year)
Makivik Corporation is a non-for-profit entity created pursuant to the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement to represent and promote the interests of Nunavik Inuit at political, social, and economic levels. Its Construction Division is recruiting for a Secretary-Accounting Clerk on a maternity replacement position for a maximum of one (1) year.
- Open and distribute incoming mail and coordinate the flow of information internally and with other departments and organizations and ensure that all documents are stamped with the date of receipt;
- Set up and maintain the division and Kautaq Construction’s filing systems;
- Sort, process and route outgoing mail of payroll and accounts payable cheques, including preparation of sulukpaks, waybills, etc.;
- Prepare and maintain list of outgoing cheques;
- Assist in administration of office needs such as office supplies, office equipment, etc.;
- Assist in processing invoices for payment;
- Assist in the preparation of audit schedules for external auditors;
- Any other relevant duties requested by the supervisor;
- Secondary V Diploma; DEP preferred;
- Minimum one year experience; Knowledge in construction industry an asset:
- Bilingual (Inuktitut and English, French an asset);
- Knowledge of Microsoft (Word, Excel, etc.);
- Knowledge of MAESTRO is an asset.
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment;
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs