Makivik Job Opportunity
ABOUT US: The Makivvik Justice Department helps administer justice using culturally adapted approaches which focus primarily on healing individuals, families, and the community, while also dealing with the underlying causes of crime. Para-judicial workers, local justice committees, correctional liaison agents and Gladue writers offer direct services to Nunavimmiut at various stages of the justice and correctional process. The Justice Department consists of six (6) separate programs all relating to alternative justice initiatives in Nunavik, which includes Justice Committees, Para-Judicial Workers, Corrections Program, Gladue Reports, Record Suspension Program and Qullik Healthy Relationships.
We are currently seeking a RECEPTIONIST who will report to the Director of the Justice Department.
The RECEPTIONIST aims to:
- Work at the front desk of the Montreal of the Justice Department and answer phone calls and in ensuring the phone calls are directed to appropriate person and take messages if necessary. Assist the team in maintaining the office and any other task requested by the management team;
- Will provide support and expertise to all programs under the Justice Department.
We strongly encourage Inuit beneficiaries to apply to this position. Extensive training and continuous support will be provided to employees that don’t have previous work experience in the justice system. Inuit and cultural knowledge in general will be valued.
- Operate the calendar of the Justice Department keeping track of staff;
- Coordinate long distance calls and conference calls as required;
- Forward messages to the appropriate person in a timely fashion;
- Receive visitors and answer all telephone calls;
- Sort and route incoming mail;
- Manage the Nunavik/Montreal mail pouches;
- Maintain daily staff attendance records;
- Send and receive fax messages;
- Send and receive email correspondence as required;
- Prepare waybills;
- Maintain a clean and tidy reception area, board rooms and staff kitchens.
- Prepare purchase orders for supplies as needed;
- Maintain the employee phone extension list;
- Assist in the preparation of refreshments for various meetings, as needed;
- Ensure that there is an adequate stock of cream and milk in the refrigerator;
- Other duties from time-to-time as deemed necessary by the Department Head.
- Excellent Inuktitut oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to communicate in English, French would be an asset;
- Punctual and enthusiastic;
- Have a working knowledge of computer software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Teams, and email programs;
- Ability to operate various office equipment such as a fax machine, mail machine, and photocopier/scanner;
- Willing to attend training sessions as required.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual
It is the Corporation’s objective to favour and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information please contact
Navarana Kleist at email@example.com
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs