The receptionist reports to the Corporate Administrator within the Corporate Secretary’s Office.
- Operate the switchboard in the St. Laurent Office;
- Coordinate long distance calls and conference calls as required;
- Forward messages to the appropriate person in a timely fashion;
- Receive visitors and answer all telephone calls;
- Sort and route incoming mail;
- Manage the Kuujjuaq/Montreal mail pouches;
- Maintain daily staff attendance records;
- Send and receive fax messages;
- Send and receive email correspondence as required;
- Prepare waybills;
- Maintain a clean and tidy reception area, board rooms and staff kitchens.
- Prepare purchase orders for supplies as needed;
- Maintain the employee phone extension list;
- Assist in the preparation of refreshments for various meetings, as needed;
- Ensure that there is an adequate stock of cream and milk in the refrigerator;
- Other duties from time-to-time as deemed necessary by the Department Head;
- Excellent Inuktitut oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to communicate in English or in French would be an asset:
- Punctual and enthusiastic;
- Have a working knowledge of computer software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Filemaker Pro, and email programs
- Ability to operate various office equipment such as a fax machine, mail machine, and photocopier/scanner;
- Willing to attend training sessions as required
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.