Makivik Job Opportunity
Reporting to the Corporate Secretary the Purchasing Coordinator is directly responsible for coordinating the movement of purchased materials from suppliers and addressing any supply/supplier issues. The Purchasing Coordinator is also responsible for maintaining and creating new relationships with suppliers and negotiation of prices and cost-saving measures to fit within the company budget. The entry of data, report generation and analysis of the data is an ongoing duty. Other tasks include resolving issues pertaining to material defects, invoice discrepancies as well as delivery timelines.
- Work closely with Finance department in implementing a purchase order system;
- Prepare, analyze, and negotiate Requests for Proposals (RFP) with local suppliers for delivery;
- Coordinate the movement of purchased materials;
- Compile data from vendor invoices and supporting documents to verify accuracy of billing data and to ensure receipt of items ordered;
- Compile data to generate weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports to be used for cost-saving initiatives;
- Compare invoices against purchase orders and shipping and receiving documents to verify receipt of items ordered;
- Contact suppliers regarding errors in partial or duplicate shipments, prices, and substitutions;
- Prepare and fill out purchase orders to suppliers;
- Interact and negotiate with suppliers;
- Maintain strict control over inventory levels for production in order to meet internal and external demand of product;
- Operate within an annual budget;
- Identify discrepancies between shipments and orders and take action;
- Investigate causes of lost or damaged shipments and other matters; make adjustments or conduct negotiations as necessary.
- Post-Secondary Diploma in Purchasing;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a relevant field;
- Ability to accurately calculate, post, correct, and manage finances allocated to the supply of materials while operating within a budget;
- Strong diplomatic, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills;
- Knowledge of accounting systems, budgets, and internal controls;
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy;
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude;
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills;
- Excellent teamwork skills;
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing;
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments;
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills;
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office;
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations;
- Interactions with suppliers using negotiation tactic;
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals;
- Overtime as required.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs