Makivik Job Opportunity
Project Manager (JUS04052022)
ABOUT US: The Makivik Justice Department helps administer justice using culturally adapted approaches which put the emphasis on healing individuals, families and the community while also dealing with the underlying causes of crimes. In Nunavik, para-judicial workers and local justice committees offer direct services to the population at various stages of the justice and correctional process in collaboration, and with the support of the regional Justice Department office.
The Justice Department consists of five (5) separate programs all relating to alternative justice initiatives in Nunavik, which includes Justice Committees, Para-Judicial Workers, Corrections Program, Gladue Reports, and Record Suspension Program.
We are currently seeking a PROJECT MANAGER who will provide support and expertise to all programs under the Justice Department.
- Provide legal and procedural expertise to all Program Coordinators in relation to their daily duties
- Perform the responsibilities relating to all project’s assigned by managing the 5 project phases of a project life cycle (initiating, planning, executing, monitoring, and support)
- Write Bail and Parole release plans in collaboration with Correctional Services Program staff
- Oversee and support initiatives which may include completing financial reports, budget forecasts, and annual written activity reports relating to specific projects assigned.
- Complete written funding requests pertaining to particular projects or programs as required
- Provide or organize training on all topics throughout the Justice Department
- Participate in meetings with local organizations and Government partners
- Perform other administrative and professional duties required for the smooth running of the program as assigned by the Director
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Understanding of the Inuit culture and traditions is an asset
- Extensive knowledge of the Justice system in Nunavik and Corrections pertaining to Inuit
- Strong leadership, motivation, and communication skills
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills with an eye for detail
- High level of integrity, autonomy, and accountability
- Problem solver and ability to adapt in certain situations
- Available to travel for trainings and meetings
- Languages: English. Inuktitut and French is an asset
- Excellent English writing skills
- Intermediate level competence with Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point)
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual.
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs