Makivik Job Opportunity
Project Accountant (CON03212022)
• Prepare timely reports regarding the financial monitoring of projects: invoicing, profits/losses, budgetary updates, amendments, provisions, profitability, work in progress and accounts receivable.
• Support the creation of all project-related billings and confer with accounting staff regarding review and approval of invoices and contract billings.
• Collaboratively work with all internal and external stakeholders to ensure the project reporting expectations are clearly defined and understood.
• Maintain project information up to date (budgets, amendments, rates).
• Support program and project document management system and retrieval of project documentation communicated between Operations, Finance and HR teams.
• Investigate project variances and submit variance reports to management.
• Compile renewal and final adjustment schedules for various insurance policies (AUTO, CGL, PROPERTY, BUILDER’S RISK, MARINE CARGO)
• Prepare and analyze reports required by the Finance Department and Management
• Provide assistance and training to other Finance staff members.
• Preparation and assistance of audit schedules for the September and March audits.
• Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or other business-related degree
• At least 3 years of experience in a similar role
• Bilingual; speak at least two of the following three languages, English, French, Inuktitut
• Ability to work simultaneously with several stakeholders and meet tight deadlines
• Flexible and able to travel on short notice
• Analytical skills, thoroughness, and ability to work under pressure
• Experience in construction (an asset)
• Strong computer skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
• Knowledge of Maestro (an asset)
• Knowledge of the Inuit culture and northern environment (an asset)
• Priority will be given to JBNQA beneficiaries
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs