Makivik Job Opportunity
Program Officer – Hudson Coast (PRE02032023)
Responsible for the communities of:
Chisasibi, Kuujjuaraapik, Umiujaq, Inukjuak & Puvirnituq
Amendment No. 3 to the Sanarrutik Agreement, signed in August 2006, amends Section 4.4 and provides funding to prevent and combat crime, to promote safe and healthy communities by taking culturally appropriate measures to improve the social environment in Nunavik, to provide assistance to crime victims and to improve correctional activities for Inuit.
Under the Supervision of the Ungaluk Program Coordinator and under the office of the President, the Program Officer shall have the following responsibilities:
- Assist the Organizations and the General Population in the development of funding proposals;
- Assist the Program Coordinator in the review of funding proposals submitted to the Ungaluk Program;
- Obtain Activity and Financial Reports of projects funded by the Unagluk Program;
- Assist in the management of filing of all documentation of the office related to the Ungaluk Program;
- Provide various information of other available funding sources to proponents;
- Gather and obtain financial and activity reports of approved projects;
- Assist in the promotion of the Ungaluk Program to Nunavik Residents;
- Any other tasks that may be determined by his/her supervisor from time-to-time.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in Inuktitut and in English is required;
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in French would be an asset;
- Good writing skills;
- Reliable and autonomous;
- Solid, practical word processing skills;
- Good knowledge of accounting procedures and budget management;
- Available to travel for training and other duties.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation outlined in the Makivik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual.
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for your interest in this position
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs