Makivik Job Opportunity
The MAKIVIK JUSTICE DEPARTMENT aims at
- Promoting and maintaining social peace and harmony in the community.
- Helping administer justice using culturally adapted approaches, which put emphasis on healing individuals, families and the community and dealing with the underlying causes of crimes. (for youth and adults)
- Responding to crimes and conflicts in a way that recognizes the Inuit culture, values, ways and knowledge;
- Empowering Inuit that have been affected by a crime or conflict (victims, families, offenders) in offering help and solutions which build their resilience, increase their sense of dignity and consider the safety of the community.
- Deliver culturally relevant programs to Nunavimmiut who are incarcerated;
- Organize and deliver traditional workshops with Nunavimmiut who are incarcerated (traditional activites, sewing, carving, etc);
- Maintain positive relationships with correctional facility staff and raise awareness of the program;
- Participate in data collection
- Experience in program delivery or teaching;
- Extensive experience in Inuit traditional activities;
- Languages: Inuktitut and English;
- Minimal knowledge of the social, judicial or correctional field;
- Experience in intervention with youth or adults;
- English writing skills;
- Computer skills; word, internet, excel, etc;
- Strong capacities to work in a team setting;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Be reliable and autonomous;
- Be respectful (confidentiality and non-judgmental);
- Be available to travel by vehicle or public transportation , to detention centers within Quebec.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information please contact Paul Palubeskie email@example.com
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs