Makivik Job Opportunity
Program Facilitator – Justice Department (JUS020623)
The Program Facilitator aims to provide programs and workshops within the different facilities such as : detentions, halfway houses and group homes. Provide programs and workshops within the different facilities such as: detentions, halfway houses and group homes.
- Deliver culturally relevant programs (such as the Qullik Healthy Relationship Program) to Nunavimmiut who are incarcerated in provincial and federal detention facilities;
- Organize and deliver traditional workshops with Nunavimmiut who are incarcerated (traditional activites, sewing, carving, etc);
- In collaboration with justice committee coordinators, organize and deliver traditional workshops with Nunavimmiut within the communities;
- Maintain positive relationships with correctional facility staff and raise awareness of the programs offered.
- Inuit and cultural knowledge is required;
- Strong desire to support and assist your fellow Inuit in access to culturally appropriate programs and support;
- Good communication skills : Verbal and written, is required ;
- Experience in program delivery or teaching;
- Languages: Inuktitut and English;
- Minimal knowledge of the social, judicial or correctional field;
- Experience in intervention with youth or adults;
- Computer skills; word, internet, excel, etc;
- Demonstrated good organizational skills ;
- Experience working autonomously and in a team settings;
- Be available to travel by vehicle (having a license is an asset) or public transportation, to detention centers within Quebec and in Nunavik in general.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivvik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual.
It is the Corporation’s objective to favour and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
FOR MORE INFORMATION please contact
Navarana Kleist at firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs