Makivik Job Opportunity
Makivik Corporation is a non-for-profit entity created pursuant to the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement to represent and promote the interests of Nunavik Inuit at political, social and economic levels. Its legal department deals with various areas of the law both for the Corporation and its for-profit affiliates.
- Support lawyers in corporate and commercial transactions involving all types of legal entities;
- Revise and maintain the Corporation and subsidiaries minute books, write detailed reports and prepare required corrective documents;
- Ensure the coordination and preparation of all annual updates annually, including annual resolutions and annual filing documents for the Corporation and its subsidiaries;
- Prepare documents and co-ordinate files in connection with constitutions / organizations, articles of amendments concerning various changes, amalgamations, continuances, declarations of dividends, dissolutions, etc.;
- Maintenance of the extraterritorial corporate registrations of the Corporation, and its subsidiaries through Corporations Canada, the Registraire des entreprises du Québec and other business registers;
- Provide support with corporate and regulatory filings of the Corporation and subsidiaries for the Autorité des marchés publics and the Régie du bâtiment du Québec;
- Preparation of correspondence, contracts, resolutions, and other documents;
- Organize the filing of documents;
- Carry out searches and updates in various databases (REQ, RDPRM, PPSA, land register, Strategis, RBQ, court records, etc.);
- Copy and fax documents, take phone calls and any other tasks given by the members of the legal department;
- Maintenance of library including updating of all book subscriptions;
- Attend meetings and take minutes as needed.
- DCS in Paralegal Technology (or equivalent);
- Experience: any work experience as a paralegal in corporate law an asset;
- Bilingual (proficiency in French and English, both written and spoken);
- Extensive knowledge of Word and Excel;
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment;
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs