Makivik Job Opportunity
Nunavik Enrolment Office Registrar
Under the Corporate Secretary’s office, the Nunavik Enrolment Office Registrar of the Nunavik Enrolment Office will be responsible in implementing the JBNQA Complementary Agreement concerning beneficiary eligibility and enrolment procedures.
- With the Makivik Legal staff, facilitate the transfer of the Inuit Beneficiaries Register from the Quebec government to the Nunavik Enrolment Office;
- Provide information to the Nunavik population concerning the new beneficiary eligibility criteria and enrolment procedures;
- Provide necessary support to the Landholding Corporations and organize elections for Enrolment Committee members in each community where a Landholding Corporation does not exist;
- Providing ongoing training and support to the Community Enrolment Committees and to the Review Committee members;
- Receive applications for review and organizing hearings of the Enrolment Review Committee;
- Maintaining the Beneficiaries Register in accordance with the decisions of the Community Enrolment Committees and of the Enrolment Review Committee;
- Issue the Beneficiaries Register lists;
- Issue beneficiary cards;
- Administer budgets related to beneficiary eligibility;
- Take photos for beneficiary cards and other government identification;
- Maintain the beneficiary database;
- Performing any related work.
- High school graduation diploma. Graduation from college or higher education is an asset;
- Have excellent Inuktitut communication abilities, both orally and in writing;
- Ability to communicate in English or in French would be an asset;
- Great communicational skills;
- Solid computer skills, ability to use digital cameras and printers;
- Proficient organizational skills and ability to deliver knowledge in training situations;
- Excellent written and spoken Inuktitut communication skills, English and French would be assets
- Be willing to travel minimally if required.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual.
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs