Prepare and maintain the NIE Registry;
Assist NIEs in taking advantage of public and private procurement opportunities.
This position within the Economic Development Department of Makivik Corporation will be responsible for ensuring that Nunavik Inuit Enterprises (NIEs) are registered and are assisted to access contracts. This position will play a key role in the growth and diversification of the Nunavik regional economy.
DESIRED SKILLS OR INTERESTS:
Interest in procurement policies and issues;
Interest in community and regional economic development;
Experience in entering information into a database;
Experience in utilizing web-based applications.
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Please contact Nathan Cohen-Fournier at
- Develop and maintain NIE Registry, including review of application forms, enter information in a database and help businesses with instructions for applying;
- Administer the registration process for the NIE Registry;
- Provide information to NIEs to assist them to access bids and contracts;
- Act as a liaison between NIEs and federal/provincial governments;
- Monitor and provide updates on procurement matters;
- Represent Makivik, as directed, at meetings with governments, Inuit and other Aboriginal organizations; businesses and business organizations and other groups where procurement opportunities in the Nunavik region are being discussed.
- Languages: Inuktitut and English (spoken and written);
- Have computer skills: Word, Excel, internet, etc.;
- Have strong organizational skills;
- Be reliable and autonomous;
- Be respectful (confidentiality and non-judgmental);
- Be available to travel for trainings and for occasional travel to Montréal and Nunavik communities.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.