NANILAVUT PROJECT MANAGER – ASSISTANT TO THE NEO REGISTRAR
(2018-2019 / 2019-2020 – Possibility of renewal)
FULL-TIME TEMPORARY EMPLOYEE (PROJECT EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT)
Makivik Corporation is currently looking for a reliable and independent person to hire for thefollowing new position in its actions for implementing a database program relating to the 1940- 60’s tuberculosis epidemic in partnership with Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada, combined with on-going needs experienced by it in managing the Inuit Beneficiaries Lists:
- As the Nanilavut Project Manager, you will be responsible for conducting research using
a genealogical database, responding to inquiries of a sensitive nature from the Nunavik
Inuit beneficiaries, and sharing research findings;
- You will also be responsible for planning and coordinating future events in cooperation
with Inuit organizations, Inuit communities, federal, provincial and territorial
governments, non-governmental organizations, and the private sector;
- You will be expected to assist with facilitating health supports, attend various events
and activities in your region;
- You will also be working closely with other Inuit land claims organizations and
associated staff to make sure that the projects are delivered on target, on time, and on
- As the Assistant to the NEO Registrar, you will be assisting the Registrar with the daily
tasks aiming at maintaining and updating the Nunavik Inuit Beneficiary Lists.
- Speak and write in Inuttitut and English (French is an asset);
- Have experience using word processing software (e.g. Microsoft Word) and electronic
mail software (e.g. Outlook);
- Have simple accounting and budgeting skills;
- Have strong organizational skills;
- Be available to travel upon request;
- Be aware and sensitive of Inuit issues and history, notably regarding the TB era;
- Having excellent interpersonal and relationship skills, including empathy, discretion and
- Committing to respect confidentiality of files, requests and information;
- Obtain security clearance – Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada’s reliability status
(to be completed before hiring);
- Education – Secondary school (high school) diploma; OR an acceptable combination of
education, training and/or experience
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual (i.e. travel, cargo, gas, isolation premium).
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.