Makivik Job Opportunity
Under the department of the Corporate Secretary and reporting to Department Head.
- Make deliveries and run errands on a regular basis and as required;
- Drive Executive Members to and from meetings from time to time;
- Banking, cargo (i.e. pouch)
- Do daily checks of office facilities and attend to any required repairs such as lights, doorknobs, plumbing or other maintenance issues;
- Ensure that office corridors, storage spaces and board rooms are always safe and tidy;
- Keep office consumables in stock such as Xerox paper, paper towels, Kleenex, dish soap, paper cups, bathroom deodorizers, lights bulbs;
- Keep recycling bins and containers available and emptied as necessary;
- Ensure that the messenger vehicle is well maintained;
- Support the executives in the maintenance and care of leased vehicles;
- Assist staff to move heavy or bulky items during office moves or deliveries;
- Help the receptionist to keep a neat and tidy reception area, as required.
- High school graduation. Higher education is an asset;
- At least 3 years of pertinent work experience;
- Knowledge of Nunavik culture and society an asset;
- Must be dependable and amiable;
- Good problem-solving skills;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Flexible hours availability.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs