Makivik Job Opportunity
Makivik Justice – Para-Judicial Worker
The NUNAVIK PARA-JUDICIAL PROGRAM aims to offer legal assistance to all Nunavimmiut involved in the criminal and youth court systems, in addition to promoting and informing the Itinerant Court of Inuit traditions and values.
- Inform adequately all Inuit accused of their rights and duties regarding court procedures and the justice system generally;
- Inform adequately all members of the community in regard to the justice system and the disposition of a major case;
- Assist all courts of justice, on demand, by supplying to them information about Inuit traditions and ways of life or by informing the court on the particulars of an accused;
- Perform all other administrative and professional duties indicated by the Nunavik Justice Officer or his representative for the good running of the program;
- Assist, when so indicated by the Nunavik Justice Officer or his representative, any governmental body or organization as a resource person on Inuit matters regarding justice.
- Education: Secondary 5 completed;
- Languages: Inuktitut and English;
- Minimal knowledge of the social, judicial or correctional field;
- English writing skills;
- Computer skills; word, internet, excel, etc;
- Strong capacities to work in a team setting;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Be reliable and autonomous;
- Be respectful (confidentiality and non-judgmental);
- Be available to travel for trainings, meetings, and with the travelling court upon request.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs