Makivik Job Opportunity
The Maintenance Supervisor reports to the General Manager Kuujjuaq Office.
- Provide guidance and supervision and follow-up for housing maintenance staff and activities;
- Train and mentor maintenance staff;
- Ensure that buildings and houses in Kuujjuaq are maintained in safe and good order;
- Assess the condition of each building and provide work plans;
- Troubleshoot existing plumbing and heating systems as required;
- Perform preventive maintenance and repairs internally and externally “from roof to foundation” such as:
- Siding and roofing;
- Kitchen and bathroom units;
- Doors, windows, railings and stairs, etc.;
- Drywall repairs and finishing.
- Order and maintain building and renovation tools and supplies in the most efficient manner;
- Maintain a safe and efficient maintenance of workshop and warehouse;
- Maintain all housing appliances and furniture;
- Provide the delivery of parcels and cargo as required for the head office;
- Any other duties requested from the General Manager.
- Journeyman’s Certificate in Carpentry, or equivalent;
- Technical certification;
- At least five years of related professional experience;
- Hold a valid driver’s license;
- Competence in construction safety standards, building codes and tools and techniques of building maintenance;
- Safety-minded and a team player;
- Punctual and enthusiastic;
- Available to work overtime and on standby duty;
- Team leadership abilities.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs