Makivik Job Opportunity
Local Coordinator for Justice Committee of Quaqtaq
The Justice Committee of Quaqtaq deals with conflicts and crimes with the hope to contribute to a more harmonious community.
OBJECTIVES of JUSTICE COMMITTEE
• Promoting and maintaining social peace and harmony in the community.
• Helping administer justice using culturally adapted approaches, which put emphasis on healing individuals, families and the community and dealing with the underlying causes of crimes. (for youth and adults)
• Responding to crimes and conflicts in a way that recognizes the Inuit culture, values, ways and knowledge;
• Empowering the Inuit that have been affected by a crime or conflict (victims, families, offenders) in offering help and solutions which build their resilience, increase their sense of dignity and consider the safety of the community.
1. Administrative duties: Keeping records, writing minutes, writing reports, doing financial request, planning and preparing work plan, etc
2. Case management: Meeting with people, opening and closing files, ensuring follow-ups, entering statistics on the data base, writing reports for the court, reporting to Crown attorneys and other partners, attending court, etc.
3. Committee’s activities: Preparing and attending regular meetings and training, working in collaboration with local services, organizing prevention and promotional activities, organizing traditional activities in the community and on the land, etc
- Languages: Inuktitut and English (spoken and written)
- Have computer skills; word, internet, etc;
- Have strong capacities to work in a team setting;
- Have strong organizational skills;
- Have leadership and initiative;
- Be reliable and autonomous;
- Believe that all human beings can learn and improve;
- Be respectful (confidentiality and non-judgmental);
- Be available to travel for trainings and for occasional visits in detention
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs