Makivik Job Opportunity
Justice Access Officer for Nunavik Community Justice Center (PRE06302022)
The Nunavik Community Justice Center (NCJC) is managed by Makivik and provides support and guidance services for estate settlements. We assist members of the communities with every step that needs to be taken and refer them to the appropriate Nunavik organizations involved in the process. The NCJC is also involved in the organization of legal clinics in the communities.
The Justice Access Officer is a key player in the operations of the Nunavik Community Justice Center. Under the supervision of the notaries, the Justice Access Officer’s role is to coordinate the services offered in all communities and work with the organizations and partners involved.
SEND RESUME TO:
Me Eva Langlois, notary, Nunavik Community Justice Center
- Being the main point of contact for community members from all 14 communities of Nunavik;
- Opening files and requesting information;
- Filling out forms and completing administrative processes;
- Making follow-ups with community members from all Nunavik, organizations and governmental bodies;
- Participating in presentations and workshop sessions;
- Participating in the creation of promotional tools and information documents;
- Facilitating the communication between community members and notaries;
- Participating in the development and maintain of partners’ interest and engagement in all 14 communities;
- Participating in the promotion and organization of legal clinics with lawyers and notaries;
- Any other tasks required by the Nunavik Community Justice Center.
- Fluency in Inuktitut and English;
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with diverse partners and organizations;
- Must be able to work well independently and as part of a team (should be comfortable to work alone most of the time and with the presence of notaries 6-8 weeks per year);
- Must be available to travel up to one week per month from September to June;
- Leadership and autonomy;
- Eager to learn new concepts and new processes;
- Interest in legal concepts and legal processes;
- Efficiency with Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Outlook, SharePoint, Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Strong communication skills.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs