Makivik Job Opportunity
Investment Associate (TRE01112023)
REPORTS TO: Investment Manager
- Analysis of securities, performance, and pricing to develop strategies and capture potential investment opportunities;
- Monitoring industry trends and news to ensure decisions reflect rapidly shifting market variables;
- Actively trading and investing in a mix of securities which include but not limited to equities, bonds, notes, short term investments, GICs, exchange traded funds and commodities;
- Reviewing the various financial obligations to the Corporation from other companies and their financial capabilities ensuring monetary commitments are achievable and met in a timely matter;
- Formulating projections on a quarterly and annual basis for the Corporation’s budgetary needs;
- Overseeing the management of third-party funds that are incorporated into the portfolio;
- Respecting and managing the risk tolerance and the investment philosophies of the Corporation’s portfolio;
- Supporting the team members with the management of the portfolio, which include but not limited to verification of schedules and transactions, preparation of reports, handling bank deposits and withdrawals, updating files, and other administrative duties;
- Participation in committee meetings, investment discussions, annual external audit and other team events;
- Other duties as deemed necessary by the investment manger/director of finance/treasurer.
- University Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Business;
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the securities industry or financial services sector ;
- CFA or CIM professional designation;
- Knowledgeable with equity/fixed income markets. Derivatives an asset;
- Strong analytical thinking abilities and data assessment;
- Meticulous attention to detail and exceptional time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French. Inuktitut an asset;
- Respecting privacy and confidentiality of sensitive information;
- Well developed organizational skills;
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite abilities;
- Ability to work as part of a team.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs