Makivik Job Opportunity
Under the department of the Corporate Secretary and reporting to the Department Head, the minute taker provides accurate minutes of documents at meetings of the Corporation and ensure efficient communication in Inuktitut and either English or French.
Minute Taker requirements:
- Attend all Executive/Board and AGM meetings (travelling required);
- Take accurate record of what is discussed and any actions raised;
- Ability to listen in multilingual and noting them;
- Produce Corporate Meetings Minutes in standardized format, and review with supervisor and other concerned department;
- With Legal department, keep record of finalized minutes and resolutions;
- Distribution of finalized documents in due time;
- Ensure the proper filing of official Corporation’s documents;
- Assist supervisor in the development and maintaining of a proper filing system in Kuujjuaq and Montreal office.
- Responsible for coordinating requests for translations by outsourcing all official documents for the corporation;
- Proofread Inuktitut material translated by others to ensure the quality is provided before returning the document to the requester;
- Maintain Corporate translation of documents.
- Vocational diploma in minute taking studies;
- Have a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience;
- Fluency in Inuktitut and English and/or French;
- Knowledge of specific subjects related to the Corporation;
- Have solid practical Computer skills in basic computer software (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.);
- Ability to meet deadlines, ability to work under pressure;
- Organized, reliable and able to deal with confidentially of information.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation outlined in the Makivik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual.
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs