Makivik Job Opportunity
INCOME TAX OFFICER
Makivik Corporation is a non-profit organization representing Nunavik Inuit in economic, social and cultural matters and overseeing the implementation of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA) and the Nunavik Inuit Land Claims Agreement.
Your functions shall comprise the following:
- Report directly to the Makivik Income Tax Project Coordinator to carry out the following duties:
- Prepare and e-file individual Income Tax returns for Nunavik Beneficiaries using Tax prep software;
- Assist Beneficiaries with their notice of assessments;
- Respond to Beneficiaries with income tax related questions and concerns;
- Work with Tax Agents in various Nunavik Communities during the Income Tax season;
- Participate in training sessions related to the Income Tax Program;
- Perform administrative duties related to the Income Tax Program.
This position requires a secondary V degree and/or any pertinent experience in the Personal Income Tax fields. All necessary training will be given for you to achieve success in your work.
- Bilingual (Inuktitut and English);
- French a definite asset;
- Excellent proficiency of Microsoft Office;
- Proficiency with Tax software an asset;
- Ability to collaborate and take initiative;
- Ability to work under pressure and within deadlines;
- Reliable and autonomous;
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Communication, analytical and organizational skills;
- Able to set priorities while maintaining flexibility;
- Self-motivated and able to work in unique environment.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs