Makivik Job Opportunity
Human Resources Officer (TRE07222022)
The Human Resources Officer will be responsible for providing assistance to the HR team with clerical and technical support in such areas as recruiting, hiring, compensation, and benefits. HR Officer will gather information on employee training, skills, wages, promotions and general work history. Clerical work will include the filing of correspondence. Shall locate and remove materials from files when requested. Other responsibilities include keeping of accurate, up to date and complete records and forms.
- Provide assistance with clerical and technical support for HR activities;
- Maintain accurate, up to date and complete personnel records and systems;
- Respond to telephone, e-mail, and in-person inquiries from clients, business partners, and other parties;
- Refer all inquiries to the appropriate individuals, divisions, or departments across the organization;
- Post all job opportunities at Makivik;
- Assist with organizing and conducting recruitment and exit interviews;
- Assist employees with company programs such as Group Insurance, Pension, EAP and Training;
- Create forms, letters, reports, and memos as necessary;
- Photocopy and scan documents as required;
- Receive and distribute all forms of correspondence;
- Organize, maintain, and coordinate office records and files in their proper locations;
- Accurate and appropriate filing of correspondence, cards, invoices and receipts;
- Locate filed materials upon request, ensuring that materials are given only to authorized users;
- Keep accurate and complete records and forms of filed items;
- Other responsibilities and directives as assigned.
- Post-Secondary (DEC) diploma, HR certification an asset;
- 2 years of experience in Human Resources or other related fields;
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal;
- Exceptional time management skills;
- Highly organized and service oriented;
- Experience working in a team environment and ability to work autonomously;
- Demonstrated ability in solution focused approach to problem solving;
- Experience working with HRIS system is an asset.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs