Makivik Job Opportunity
Human Resources Officer (Maternity Leave Replacement – Eight Months)
The Human Resources Officer will be responsible for providing assistance to the Director of Human Resources and Payroll with clerical and technical support. Clerical work will include the filing of correspondence, invoices, receipts and other records in alphabetical, numerical or any other required ordering system. Shall locate and remove materials from files when requested. Other responsibilities include the preparation of incoming and outgoing mail for distribution, and the keeping of accurate, up to date and complete records and forms.
*Inuktitut version to come*
- Provide assistance with clerical and technical support for HR activities;
- Maintain accurate, up to date and complete personnel records;
- Receive and verify all timesheets;
- Update and maintain the travel benefit file for employees;
- Provide HR support to employees;
- Refer all inquiries to the appropriate individuals, divisions, or departments across the organization;
- Type forms, letters, reports, and memos as necessary;
- Fax, photocopy and scan documents as required;
- Receive and distribute all forms of paper correspondence;
- Organize, maintain, and coordinate office records and files in their proper locations;
- Accurate and appropriate filing of correspondence, invoices and receipts;
- Locate filed materials upon request, ensuring that materials are given only to authorized users;
- Prepare incoming and outgoing mail for distribution;
- Keep accurate and complete records and forms of filed items;
- Other responsibilities and directives as assigned.
- Post-Secondary (DEC) diploma, or equivalent;
- Experience as a Human Resources Officer preferred;
- Excellent written and verbal skills and comprehension;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Highly organized;
- Service oriented;
- Able to generate or use different sets of rules for combining or grouping things in different ways;
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs