Makivik Job Opportunity
Human Resources Officer – Construction Division (CON10142022)
REPORTS TO: Division Director
Makivik is the land claims organization mandated to manage the heritage funds of the Inuit of Nunavik provided for under the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement.
Makivik’s role includes the administration and investment of these funds and the promotion of economic growth by providing assistance for the creation of Inuit-operated businesses in Nunavik. Makivik promotes the preservation of Inuit culture and language as well as the health, welfare, relief of poverty, and education of Inuit in the communities.
Created in 2001, the Construction Division (Makivik Construction) is responsible for the implementation of the Nunavik Housing Program and its main objective is to build quality housing while maximizing employment opportunities for the Inuit of Nunavik, provide training, and to promote the local Nunavik economy to the greatest extent possible.
Makivik Construction is looking for motivated individuals who are resourceful, open minded and ready to work in a challenging remote environment. The position offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to contribute to the development of the Inuit communities of Quebec and to learn more about construction methods and practices specific to the Arctic regions.
The Human Resources Section of the Construction Division is exclusively working with the construction employees.
- Provide assistance with clerical tasks;
- Provide technical support for all construction related activities including recruitment, onboarding, and offboarding;
- Create and maintain accurate, up to date complete personnel records and systems in HRIS;
- Liaison with the other construction division staff;
- Liaison with La Commission de la construction du Québec (CCQ);
- Oversee the application of the CCQ collective agreements and offer support in the application of disciplinary process for construction workers and resources;
- Ensure all internal and external policies and procedures are followed;
- Assist the Director in addressing CCQ non-compliance complaints;
- Other responsibilities and directives as assigned.
- 3 years of experience in construction or related field;
- Experience working with CCQ and working knowledge of the construction industry and experience working with HRIS system are required;
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal in at least two (2) of the following languages: Inuktitut, English and French;
- Work well under pressure, and demonstrate great initiative;
- Experience working in a team environment and ability to work autonomously;
- Demonstrated ability in solution focused approach to problem solving;
- Be well-organized, meticulous and possess excellent organization skills;
- Demonstrates integrity and discretion to assure the confidentiality of the nature of the work;
- Be available outside regular working hours during peak season;
- Be motivated to offer a quality service;
- Have a functional working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs