Makivik Job Opportunity
The Fisheries Biologist will be reporting to the Nunavik Research Centre Director in the Department of Environment, Wildlife and Research.
- Planning, coordinating & implementing fisheries research and monitoring programs;
- Preparing reports, meeting presentations & funding submissions as required;
- Field work required;
- Provide technical advice on development project proposals;
- Supervise technical staff / students, as required.
- Other related duties required or assigned.
- Minimum B.Sc.;
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in a related field;
- Past fisheries research experience a pre-requisite;
- Field experience a pre-requisite;
- Laboratory experience a pre-requisite;
- Demonstrable report writing capacity and presentations at meetings;
- Excellent command of English (both written and oral); French and Inuktitut an asset;
- Proficient computer skills;
- Knowledge of computer programs (Word, Excel, PPT, SAS, ArcGIS, etc.);
- Northern experience an asset;
- Experience working with Indigenous communities an asset;
- Leadership experience an asset;
- Organized, time management and prioritizing skills
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs