Makivik Job Opportunity
Environmental Coordinator (DEWR10282022)
The position will report to the Executive Vice-President DEWR, the DEWR Senior Political Advisor, and DEWR Director. Close collaboration will be needed with other Makivik Departments, including the President’s, Legal, and Economic Development Departments as well as other DEWR staff including the Nunavik Research Centre.
- Climate Change;
- Environmental Impact Assessment;
- Environmental Monitoring Coordination;
- The Nunavik Marine Region Impact Review Board and the Nunavik Marine Region Planning Commission;
- Other responsibilities as assigned from time-to-time by supervisors.
- Minimum of three years-experience in environmental monitoring, environmental impact assessment, preferably in a northern environment;
- Minimum of a B.Sc. in Environmental Studies or equivalent;
- Some knowledge of Indigenous Treaty Rights is required: specific knowledge of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement and the Nunavik Inuit Land Claims Agreement is an asset;
- Knowledge of Nunavik and its institutions;
- Written and oral proficiency in English and French; Proficiency in Inuktitut is an asset;
- Some familiarity with the concept of (Traditional) Inuit Knowledge;
- Excellent writing, analytical, and time-management skills;
- Excellent ability to organize and synthesize information and to prepare briefs and reports;
- Strong communication skills and a proven ability to work as part of a team;
- Demonstrated capacity to supervise other staff;
- Background in independent project management and preparation of funding proposals.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs