Makivik Job Opportunity
Department Head Corporate Secretary Department
Reporting to the Corporate Secretary, the Department Head will play a critical role in ensuring the continued sustainability of the administration of Makivik’s offices and properties.
- Oversee the administrative activities of the Corporate Secretary Department;
- Will have supervisory role of some staff in this department;
- Develop and implement strategies, operating procedures, budget preparation, short and long-term objectives for the department;
- Maintain relations with Board members;
- Coordinate all Board of Directors’ meetings and AGM;
- Ensure compliance of departmental activities with Makivik’s mandate;
- Interact with other managers to foster inter-departmental communication to coordinate common files with all departments;
- Maintain an active and positive dialogue with other Inuit organizations;
- Serve on internal planning and policy-making committees as required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a managerial position;
- Good Knowledge of leadership and management principles;
- High level of integrity, confidentially, and accountability;
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude;
- Good communication skills are important;
- Requirement of good knowledge of computer skills;
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills;
- Fluent in two of the three languages (Inuktitut, English and/or French)
- Able to work as a team leader.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual.
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs