Reporting to the Corporate Secretary, the Department Head of the Corporate Secretary Department will play a critical role in ensuring the continued sustainability of the administration of Makivik’s offices and properties.
- Oversee the administrative activities and human resources of the Corporate Secretary Department;
- Develop and implement strategies and policies, operating procedures, budget preparation, short and long-term objectives for the department;
- Oversee and review departmental activities and required funding and reporting;
- Maintain relations with Board members;
- Coordinate all Board of Directors’ meetings and AGM;
- Responsible for the Corporate minutes;
- Ensure compliance of departmental activities with Makivik’s mandate;
- Interact with other managers to foster inter-departmental communication to coordinate common files;
- Maintain an active and positive dialogue with other Inuit organizations;
- Serve on internal planning and policy-making committees as required;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a managerial position;
- Knowledge of leadership and management principles;
- High level of integrity, confidentially, and accountability;
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude;
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills;
- Excellent command of Inuktitut, English, and French languages;
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing;
- Able to work autonomously;
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.