Makivik Job Opportunity
Coordinator – Self Determination Process
Reporting to the Chief Negotiator of the Self-Determination Process and the Director of the President’s Department
Under the direction of the Chief Negotiator:
- Co-ordinate the work on the Self-Determination Process, including organization of the multiple Self-Determination files and projects, using project management skills;
- Plan, coordinate, organize and take notes (minutes) at meetings;
- Responsible for internal and external communications, such as preparing and sending emails, letters, meeting agendas, and meeting invitations (Outlook);
- Prepare and maintain chronologies and update the electronic file for the Self-Determination process;
- Research and gather a variety of information and prepare short reports and backgrounders;
- Participate in the Self-Determination negotiation team’s meetings and other meetings related to the Self-Determination process, including the meetings of the Self-Determination Committee;
- Responsible for the coordination of the Self-Determination Committee;
- Work with members of the Self-Determination team, the legal team and other departments on the Self-Determination files;
- Assist with the administration of the file, including expense reports, preparing travel requests for the Self-Determination team, and purchasing;
- Perform other related duties within the scope of the position.
- Language requirements: Inuktitut – spoken, written is an asset; English – spoken and written. French is an asset;
- Post-Secondary or equivalent experience related to the job description;
- Comfortable with Microsoft programs (Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.) and Adobe;
- Strong organizational and coordination skills, with a knowledge of project management;
- Strong communication skills, including ability to write letters, emails, briefing notes and short reports;
- Team player with the ability to work autonomously and take initiative.
- Research skills;
- Available to travel if requested;
- Knowledge of the JBNQA and Inuit rights an asset.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs