Makivik Job Opportunity
Coordinator – Inuit Rights Department
- Under the direction of the Director, maintain and ensure that the core objectives and themes of the Inuit Rights Department are being met;
- Assist the Director to manage the workflow in the Inuit Rights Department, including day-to-day office operation and strategic work when required;
- Co-ordinate the projects and work of the Inuit Rights Department;
- Research and gather a variety of data and information and assist with the preparation of reports, presentation material, funding applications, briefing material and speeches;
- Support the work to archive materials related to the Inuit Rights Department;
- Liaise and collaborate with other administrative staff and the coordinators of other departments in the Kuujjuaq, Montreal, Ottawa and Quebec City offices;
- Assist, when required, in correspondence, assisting with implementing the communication strategy and the drafting of press releases;
- Ensure the Director of the Department is kept up to date on on-going work in the Department;
- Flag critical items for the Director;
- Compose memoranda, letters and correspondences for the Director;
- Coordinate the Inuit Rights Department participation and involvement with the Justice Department;
- Plan, coordinate and organize meetings, including the meetings of the Inuit Rights Department Committee (Inuit staff of Makivik) and the Inuit Rights Department Working Group;
- Under the direction of the Director, maintain the partnership with the Nunavik Regional Partnership Committee and the Suicide Prevention Strategy for Nunavik, in collaboration with other organizations;
- Perform other related duties within the scope of the position.
- Post-Secondary or equivalent experience related to the job;
- Committed to serving the key aims of the Inuit Rights Department, including the social justice goals;
- Languages: Inuktitut – spoken and understood, English – spoken and written; French is an asset.
- Organizational skills
- Flexible hours
- Occasional overtime
- Available to travel if requested
- Knowledge of Microsoft programs (Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Knowledge of the JBNQA and Inuit rights an asset.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs