Makivik Job Opportunity
Coordinator Assistant for Inukjuaq Justice Committee
OBJECTIVES OF INUKJUAK JUSTICE COMMITTEE
• Promoting and maintaining social peace and harmony in the community.
• Helping administer justice using culturally adapted approaches, which put emphasis on healing individuals, families and the community and dealing with the underlying causes of crimes. (for youth and adults)
• Responding to crimes and conflicts in a way that recognizes the Inuit culture, values, ways and knowledge;
• Empowering the Inuit that have been affected by a crime or conflict (victims, families, offenders) in offering help and solutions which build their resilience, increase their sense of dignity and consider the safety of the community.
For more information please contact
Paul Palubeskie at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Administrative duties : Keeping records, provide support to Justice Coordinator, telecommunications, and other clerical tasks
- Case Management : Meeting with people, opening and closing of files, ensuring follow ups, entering statistics on the database, writing reports for the court, reporting to Crown Attorneys and other partners
- Committees’s Activities : Preparing and attending regular meetings and training, working in collaboration with local services, organizing prevention and promotional activities, organizing traditional activities in the community and on the land, etc.
- Co-Facilitate community based programs
- Languages: Inuktitut and English
- Minimal knowledge of the social, judicial or correctional field
- Experience in intervention with youth or adults is an asset
- English writing skills
- Computer skills; word, internet, excel, etc;
- Strong capacities to work in a team setting;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Be reliable and autonomous;
- Be respectful (confidentiality and non-judgmental);
- Be available to travel for trainings or meetings
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs