Makivik Job Opportunity
The Communications Coordinator is involved in all aspects of the implementation of internal and external communication strategies. The Communications Coordinator is responsible for promoting and protecting the company’s reputation by assisting in the development and executing media relations and public relations strategies and plans for brand building/innovation/corporate promotions, internal communications and corporate communications/corporate affairs initiatives.
- Assist in developing, implementing and measuring external and internal communication plans;
- Manage day-to-day media relations/media requests for brand and corporate issues;
- Develop written materials including press releases, Q&A, media standby statements on brand and corporate issues as required;
- Build relationships with key media contacts and identify opportunities to proactively pitch brand and corporate stories to media as appropriate;
- Provide guidance and direction to PR agency partners and review all Brand PR materials to ensure communication is accurate, relevant and consistent with the brand and overall corporate messaging and positions;
- Provide guidance to ensure coordination and communication of messages/news to both internal and external audiences;
- Develop and implement online communications strategy ensuring alignment with internal communications strategy and that it includes day-to-day content development strategy and functional enhancements;
- Serve as editor and provide communications content for internal communications efforts;
- Liaison and collaborate with employee groups and cross-functional teams as needed and help provide creative solutions to communication problems;
- Lead internal communications resource to all departments;
- Develop and manage internal/external corporate and local community events in support of corporate giving strategy;
- Serve as back-up to the Communications Director with crisis/ issues management;
- Travel to Nunavik Communities to provide communications assistance during Makivik activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, English or related discipline;
- Strong working knowledge of communication principles and practices;
- Minimum of 5-8 years’ experience in Communications and/or PR agency experience required;
- Must possess excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication with strong writing and editorial abilities;
- Bilingual in French desirable, Inuktitut an asset;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, internet, wire services, media monitoring software, and other public relation tools;
- Working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite or equivalent design software is an asset
- Must be able to meet tight deadlines and execute flawlessly on projects in a fast-paced, often pressured environment and see a project through to completion;
- Knowledge of the National Assembly of Quebec an asset.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation outlined in the Makivik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual.
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs