Makivik Job Opportunity
Business Development Associate
Reporting to the Senior Strategic Investment Manager.
- Efforts that seek to improve the economic well-being and quality of life for the Nunavik region;
- Develop pertinent industry sectors in Nunavik with a focus on job creation and facilitating economic activity;
- Work with the Senior Strategic Investment Manager and EDD team to study the integration of new ventures with current subsidiary businesses, strategies, and operations; examine risks and potential;
- As part of Makivik’s subsidiary oversight framework, work with the Senior Strategic Investment Manager in:
- coordinating information among Subsidiaries and Joint Venture Corporations, including determining the requirements for financial and operating reports;
- Assisting small subsidiaries and joint venture corporations in the achievement of their business objectives, through assistance to their board members and/or management;
- Seek, assess, and develop business opportunities for the Makivik Corporation;
- Coordinate the design and implementation of tools and frameworks to better guide the long-term Business Development vision of the Makivik Corporation;
- Filter potential business opportunities by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, economic and job creation potential, financials, evaluation of options, resolving internal priorities and recommending investments;
- Research and prepare business plans or analysis in various sectors including (but not limited to): mining, energy, tourism, fisheries, and real estate;
- Work with pertinent staff on structuring transactions (could include mergers/acquisitions), including negotiation of an equitable agreement, employee contracts, financing, and future liabilities.
- Undergraduate degree with a focus in Business, Economics, Mathematics, or other quantitative fields;
- CPA, CFA, or other relevant professional designation (ongoing or completed);
- MBA preferred but not required;
- Comprehensive financial and accounting skills;
- Strong computer literacy with emphasis on PowerPoint and Excel presentation skills;
- Knowledge of research tools for business development and transaction support; Strong leadership, communication, and analytical skills;
- Knowledge of Proposal and Funding applications;
- Knowledge and understanding of issues and priorities with respect to Economic and social development in Nunavik;
- Relevant work experience in Business or Economic Development (could include accounting, commercial banking, or investment banking);
- Ability to prepare integrated financial models including discounted cash flow and valuation analysis;
- Thorough understanding of the inter-relation of net income, cash flow and working capital;
- Prior experience working on capital markets transactions;
- Prior experience in Business Development in the Arctic/Sub-arctic regions or internationally;
- Experience in financial services;
- Ability to manage complex concepts;
- Knowledge of and interest in financial markets;
- Knowledge of procurement strategies;(preferred but not required);
- Development of Project, Business Planning, Funding Proposals in key sectors of interest.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs