Makivik Job Opportunity
Business Assessment Manager
The position, under the Vice President’s department, will provide professional advice and strategic business planning for Makivik Corporation. The position will work directly with the Director of Economic Development and Economic Development Departmental staff who lead various Industry Sector active files including amongst others, mining, tourism, fisheries, energy, transportation and telecommunications.
The individual will play an important role in the development of new business strategies, seek out potential business opportunities, and develop business plans. Makivik Corporation is looking for a highly motivated, autonomous individual with very strong management and financial analytical skills.
- Seek, assess and develop business opportunities for the Makivik Corporation;
- While working with pertinent staff, locate or propose potential business opportunities, contact potential partners; discover and explore economic development and diversification opportunities;
- Filter potential business opportunities by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, economic and job creation potential, financials, evaluation of options, resolving internal priorities and recommending investments;
- Study integration of new ventures with current subsidiary businesses, strategies and operations, examine risks and potential;
- Research and prepare business plans in various sectors including (but not limited to): mining, energy, tourism, fisheries, and real estate;
- Work with pertinent staff on structuring mergers/acquisitions, including negotiation of an equitable agreement, employee contracts, financing and future liabilities;
- Minimum of 5 years or more direct experience in corporate sector, strategic business planning and/or mergers and acquisitions;
- Completed university education; note an MBA is preferable and/or similar industry experience;
- Strong leadership, communication, and analytical skills;
- Proven ability to liaise with business sector and government;
- Fluency in French and English, both written and oral;
- Fluency in Inuktitut is preferred;
- Familiarity with social, environmental, and economic issues that impact business in the North is preferred;
- Knowledge of corporate social responsibility and social purpose principles;
- Knowledge of James Bay Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA) and the Nunavik Inuit Land Claims Agreement (NILCA) is preferred.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual.
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs