Makivik Job Opportunity
Assistant Travel Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Travel Coordinator
- To process all travel requirements for the Corporation;
- Booking flights, trains, hotels, vehicle rentals, etc.;
- Organizing and booking chartered flights;
- Assisting in the planning and preparation of Board Meetings, Annual General Meetings and various Corporate meetings and events;
- Prepare and submit budgets for business and group travel;
- Maintaining the department travel files in the Travel Management System;
- Assisting the Finance Department in reconciling travel invoices;
- Carrying out any other tasks deemed necessary by the Travel Coordinator.
- Secondary-V high school certificate;
- Fluent in English, Inuktitut and French;
- Knowledge of northern travel is an asset;
- At least one year of experience in the travel industry or the equivalent in administrative services;
- Knowledge of Nomadis Travel Management System, Amelia Reservation System, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and FileMaker Pro is an asset;
- Excellent English writing skills;
- Respectful, reliable and confidential;
- Organized and able to be autonomous;
- Team player;
- Available to work overtime and be available on weekends;
- Available and willing to participate in any required training.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs