Makivik Job Opportunity
Assistant to the Treasurer
- Assist and advise the Treasurer in all his corporate duties;
- Work closely with the Treasurer in both political and administrative functions of the Department;
- Coordinate the activities of the Treasurer with all relevant government departments, regional and local organizations and other Makivik departments;
- Active files management;
- Oversee the administrative and daily activities of the office of the Treasurer;
- Draft and receive correspondence on behalf of the Treasurer;
- Organize meetings, schedule conference calls;
- Coordinate the administrative responsibilities with individuals in the Treasurer’s department;
- Prepare presentations requested by the Treasurer;
- Create, update and review spreadsheets;
- Coordinate special events logistics;
- Following up on meeting action items with the Treasurer;
- Assist on various projects;
- Participate in committees requested by the Treasurer.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience;
- Knowledge of Nunavik is an asset;
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in English and in French is required;
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in Inuktitut would be an asset;
- Strong managerial and inter-personal/diplomatic skills;
- Knowledge of income tax and trusts is an asset;
- Knowledge of funding flows is recommended;
- Reliable and autonomous;
- High level of integrity, confidentially, and accountability;
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude;
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs