Makivik Job Opportunity
Assistant Project Manager
The Makivik Corporation Construction Division is looking for a dynamic and autonomous person with a high level of initiative and great ability for teamwork.
Under the authority of the Project Director and under the supervision of the Project manager, the Project assistant will assist the Project Manager.
- Prepare follow-up reports for the Project Manager on a weekly basis;
- Coordinates work camps logistics in the communities;
- Coordinates work site logistics (equipment, lateral preparation and follow-up, temporary installations and vehicles);
- Prioritize mechanic’s travels and supervise the purchase of mechanical equipment;
- Conduct technical research and analysis for new products;
- Maintain in collaboration with the buyer and the foremen an appropriate inventory and coordinate the purchase of tools;
- Estimate the quantities of material required for the project in accordance with plans;
- Any other related duties.
The incumbent must:
- Have a College degree in construction, architecture, civil engineering or the equivalent;
- Have 2 years of experience in an equivalent position;
- Have a working knowledge, oral and written, of two of the three working languages, namely English, French and Inuktitut;
- Have a working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Be available for frequent travels in Nunavik;
- Be able to withstand pressure and have a high level of initiative and a great ability for teamwork.
- Work experience in Canada Far North is an asset;
- Knowledge of Maestro software is an asset.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs