Makivik Job Opportunity
Assistant Director, Nunavik Research Centre (One Year Replacement) (DEWR12092022)
The Assistant Director, responsible for the Nunavik Research Centre reports to the Director of the Department of Environment, Wildlife and Research
- Planning, coordinating and overseeing all research initiatives undertaken at the Nunavik Research Centre;
- Supervise Nunavik Research Centre Staff;
- Undertake research as required;
- Prepare reports, funding submissions and other documents as required;
- Foster collaborative research and seek funding opportunities;
- Participate in preparing DEWR annual budget;
- Participate to committees as required;
- Prepare and participate in various meetings;
- Field work as required;
- Occasional travel;
- Assist and collaborate with DEWR staff on other files as requested;
- Any other duties requested by Director or Executive Vice-President of DEWR.
- Minimum MSc in biology, wildlife sciences or equivalent from accredited university;
- Demonstrable field and lab experience;
- Demonstrable capacity in report writing, and giving presentations at meetings;
- Excellent leadership and management skills;
- Excellent inter-personnel skills;
- Past work experience with indigenous organization an asset;
- Excellent command of English (oral and written) a prerequisite; familiarity with oral and written French and Inuktitut an asset;
- Reliable, autonomous and highly motivated;
- Proficient computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Arc GIS); knowledge of both Apple and PC platforms an asset.
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs