Makivik Job Opportunity
Assistant Director Federal Affairs
Reporting to the Director of Federal Affairs
- Assisting the Director of Federal Affairs with Makivik’s involvement in federal affairs and at federal tables, including the Inuit-Crown Partnership Committee tables and related Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami committees and working groups;
- Administrative responsibilities (budget, contracts, funding application submissions, staff oversight);
- Replacing the Director of Federal Affairs when unavailable;
- Supervising Federal affairs staff;
- Working on various priority files, including drafting briefing documents and summary reports, and coordination of work to be done within the federal affairs team;
- Liaising with federal government and Inuit governments and organizations on federal matters as need be;
- Developing and supporting Nunavik Inuit positions on federal-related issues;
- Preparing for and attending meetings;
- Working with other Makivik Senior Management.
- Minimum B.A or equivalent;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a related field;
- Knowledge of leadership and management principles;
- Organized and independent;
- High level of integrity, confidentially, and accountability;
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude;
- Able to work as a team leader;
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Fluent English both in verbal and writing, Inuktitut and (French an asset).
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs