Makivik Job Opportunity
Under the Supervision of the Head of Administration and under the office of the Corporate Secretary Department, the Archiving clerk shall have the following responsibilities:
- Assist the archiving consulting staff with:
- the appraisal of permanent records and historically valuable documents and the safekeeping of archival documents and materials such as government records, minutes of corporate board meetings, etc.;
- the cataloguing and safekeeping of valuable materials;
- the preparation of document descriptions and reference aids for the use of archives, such as accession lists, indexes, guides, bibliographies, abstracts, and digitized copies of documents;
- the filing and cross indexing of selected documents in alphabetical and chronological order;
- the processing of new materials;
- the organization of archival records to facilitate access to archival materials;
- Assist with general administrative duties (e.g.; replacing the receptionist) as requested by the Corporate Secretary or Head of Administration.
- High School diploma or at least three (3) years of working experience in an office environment;
- Adept with general office computer skills including work processing and data base software;
- Knowledge of Nunavik Inuit culture, society and recent history is essential;
- Ability to work independently, enthusiastic, punctual and innovative;
- Be available and willing to receive training, as required;
- Available to travel.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation outlined in the Makivik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual.
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for your interest in this position
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs