Makivik Job Opportunity
Under the authority of the Corporate Secretary, this position will play a key role in supporting the Corporate Administrator in an environment where teamwork and professionalism will be emphasized.
- Assist in the planning and preparation of Board of Directors, Executive Committee meetings, AGM and conference telephone calls;
- Assist in the preparation of meeting agendas and supporting material for distribution;
- Make travel, meeting and other arrangements for Board members and staff;
- Assist with managing the agenda of the Board of Directors;
- Management of mail, web/telephone and email-based enquiries, determine matters of top priority and handle accordingly, responding to general information requests with accurate information and relaying information and correspondences as appropriate;
- Ensure the hard copy and electronic filing of administrative documents.
- Secretarial degree or DEC in Administration or relevant experience;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office and willingness to learn other applications;
- Fluent in Inuktitut, English both in verbal and writing, (French an asset);
- Availability to travel to attend meetings in Nunavik;
- Ability to communicate in Inuktitut and knowledge of the Inuit culture a definite asset.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs