Makivik Job Opportunity
Administrative Assistant – Treasurer Department
Performs secretarial and administrative duties;
• Assembles information, prepares agendas and correspondence for the Treasurer;
• Receives, transmit and prepares mail for sending;
• Assembles information and prepares routine letters;
• Prepare and coordinate the Treasurer’s calendar for meetings, events, etc.;
• Takes notes of appointment, schedules, make travel arrangements for the Treasurer;
• Responsible for the preparation of logistics, preparation of documents necessary to carry out successful BOD meetings, BOD conference calls, AGM, etc.;
• May be required to attend BOD, AGM, Executive meetings, etc. on behalf of the Treasurer;
• Any other duties requested by the Treasurer Department.
Secondary 5 certificate; post-secondary education an asset;
• Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar position;
• Knowledge of Nunavik Regional and Local Organizations structure;
• Knowledge of Nunavik political system and its applicability;
• Excellent writing skills in Inuktitut and in English is required;
• Ability to communicate orally and in writing in French would be an asset;
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Financial literacy is an asset;
• Good writing skills;
• Reliable and autonomous;
• Team player;
• Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs