Makivik Job Opportunity
Administrative Assistant President’s Department
Reporting to the Director of Federal Affairs
- Assist with coordination and preparation for the Inuit-Crown Partnership Committee (ICPC) tables and related Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami (ITK) committees and working groups;
- Perform daily tasks as requested: printing, copying, scanning, faxing, travel warrants, expense claims, invoicing, filing;
- Receive/respond to emails on behalf of the Director and the Assistant Director of Federal Affairs, as requested;
- Scheduling of meetings (ICPC, ITK) on behalf of Makivik;
- Work closely with department head and team members involved on federal files to summarize and document information pertaining to meetings/travel;
- Provide reports/outlines of results on every meeting (ICPC, ITK, other meetings related to federal/national affairs);
- Follow-up action reports discussed in meetings;
- Maintain an up to date calendar regarding the appointments and meetings (including Montreal, the North and the South) – always ensure that the Director and Assistant Directors’ calendars are updated;
- Assist with note taking/documenting minutes during meetings;
- Provide backup information/research in preparation for meetings;
- Open/log mail related to federal files;
- Participate in weekly meetings with the Director and/or Assistant Director to go over agenda/upcoming events;
- Provide inter-office support;
- Assist with coordination and preparations for ITK and ICC meetings held in Nunavik;
- Assist with preparations for ITK and ICC meetings.
- Post-secondary education required;
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar position;
- Organized and independent;
- High level of integrity, confidentially, and accountability;
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude;
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Fluent in Inuktitut, English both in verbal and writing, (French an asset).
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs