Makivik Job Opportunity
Administrative Assistant -President Department
- Performs secretarial and administrative duties;
- Attend meetings, as and when required, with the President and the Department’s Managers, take notes, prepare meeting minutes and list action items;
- Assist with managing the agenda of the President (meetings, travel, etc.);
- Assist in coordinating travel arrangements for the president and department staff, prepares itineraries and maintains travel documentation;
- Prepare and maintain the Executive calendar;
- Open, sort and distribute President’s mail;
- Take calls, emails and requests addressed to the President;
- Determine matters of top priority and handle accordingly;
- Relay information and correspondences between the President and department Managers;
- Distribute correspondence and information within the corporation, its subsidiaries as well as various federal and provincial government organizations;
- Preparation of certain official documents including drafting letters and correspondence;
- Assist other department’s staff with logistical and clerical duties;
- Ensure the hard copy and electronic filing of administrative documents;
- Any other relevant duties required for the efficient operations of the President’s department.
- Secretarial degree or DEC in Administration;
- Minimum 5 years of related experience;
- Be fully fluent in Inuktitut and English, working knowledge of French is a strong asset;
- Knowledge of Nunavik Regional and Local Organizations structure;
- Knowledge of Nunavik political system and its applicability;
- Excellent writing skills in Inuktitut and in English is required;
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in French would be an asset;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Good writing skills;
- Reliable and autonomous;
- Team player;
- Experience with legal and political affairs an asset.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs