Makivik Job Opportunity
Administrative Assistant – President Department (PRE01212022)
- Performs secretarial and administrative duties;
- Perform daily tasks as requested: printing, copying, scanning, faxing, travel warrants, expense claims, invoicing, filing,
- Receive/respond to emails on behalf of the Director,
- Provide reports/outlines of results of meeting
- Follow-up action reports discussed in meetings
- Maintain an up to date calendar regarding the appointments and meetings,
- Assist with note taking/documenting during meetings,,
- Provide backup information/research in preparation for meetings
- Open/log mail
- Participate in weekly Senior Management meetings
- Provide inter-office support when necessary,
- Any other relevant duties required for the efficient operations of the President’s department.
- Secretarial degree or DEC in Administration;
- Minimum 5 years of related experience;
- Be fully fluent in Inuktitut and English, working knowledge of French is a strong asset;
- Knowledge of Nunavik Regional and Local Organizations structure;
- Knowledge of Nunavik political system and its applicability;
- Excellent writing skills in Inuktitut and in English is required;
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in French would be an asset;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Good writing skills;
- Reliable and autonomous;
- Team player;
- Experience with legal and political affairs an asset.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual.
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs