Makivik Job Opportunity
Administrative Assistant – Maternity Leave Replacement (1 year) (EDD06242022)
The Economic Development Department is searching for an individual to work in an environment where teamwork and professionalism is emphasized.
- Use computer word processing, spreadsheet, and database software to prepare reports, memos, and documents;
- Take minutes at staff and other meetings;
- With the Executive Director, prepare meeting agendas and supporting material for distribution;
- Assist in the logistical arrangements for Board meeting and Annual assemblies and other meeting as required form time to time;
- Ensure the timely distribution of material to the Board;
- Assist in the planning and preparation of meetings and conference telephone calls;
- Create action list for management staff from Board and Executive meetings;
- Translation of documents as required (i.e. English – Inuktituut);
- Sort incoming mail, faxes and courier deliveries for distribution;
- Prepare and send outgoing faxes, mail, and courier parcels;
- Answer general phone inquiries using a professional and courteous manner;
- Direct phone inquiries to the appropriate staff members;
- Reply to general information requests with accurate information;
- To ensure that the filing system is continually updated and that the appropriate copies are directed as per instructions;
- Maintain confidential records and files;
- Maintain the filing system and file all correspondence;
- To ensure all telephone and mailing lists are up-to-date;
- To coordinate translation and distribution of documents as required;
- To do all photocopying, book binding, and e-mail;
- To be responsible for the attendance sheets of the department’s staff;
- Make travel, meeting and other arrangements for staff;
- Coordinate special travel and cargo arrangements;
- General Bookkeeping functions;
- All other related duties to the secretarial and administrative functions of the departments;
- Must be ready to undertake additional training as the need arises.
- DEC or equivalent;
- 2 or more years of related experience;
- Inuktituut and English, French an asset;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Simply Accounting;
- Reliable, autonomous and highly motivated;
- Good analytical skills;
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs