Makivik Job Opportunity
Administrative Assistant – Justice Department
- Promoting and maintaining social peace and harmony in the community;
- Helping administer justice using culturally adapted approaches, which put emphasis on healing individuals, families and the community and dealing with the underlying causes of crimes. (for youth and adults);
- Responding to crimes and conflicts in a way that recognizes the Inuit culture, values, ways and knowledge;
- Empowering the Inuit that have been affected by a crime or conflict (victims, families, offenders) in offering help and solutions which build their resilience, increase their sense of dignity and consider the safety of the community.
- Receive visitors and answer telephone calls in a pleasant fashion;
- Be responsible for the attendance and timesheets of the department’s staff;
- Be responsible for the travel expenses of the department’s staff;
- Make travel arrangements in collaboration with Makivik travel department, for the Justice department’s staff;
- Assist in the planning and preparation of meeting agendas and supporting material for distribution;
- Be responsible for receiving monthly Co-op statements from all Justice Committees;
- Prepare messages and forward them to the appropriate person;
- Sort and route incoming & outgoing mail;
- Send and receive fax messages;
- Type correspondence on computer when required;
- Maintain the stock room and advise supervisor when an order needs to be placed;
- Help prepare conference room for various meetings;
- Keep office stocked with coffee and condiments as required;
- All other related duties to the secretarial and administrative functions of the department.
- Education: Secondary 5 completed;
- Languages: Fluent in Inuktitut and English / French is an asset;
- Knowledge of the social, judicial or correctional field is an asset;
- English writing skills;
- Computer skills; word, internet, excel, etc.;
- Strong capacities to work in a team setting;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Be reliable and autonomous;
- Be of good moral character;
- Be available to travel for trainings or meetings.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs