Makivik Job Opportunity
Administrative Assistant – JUS12072021
ABOUT US: The Makivik Justice Department helps administer justice using culturally adapted approaches which put the emphasis on healing individuals, families and the community while also dealing with the underlying causes of crimes. Makivik aims at empowering Inuit that have been affected by a crime or conflict (victims, families, offenders) in offering help and solutions within detention centers and in their hometown community which build their resilience, increase their sense of dignity and consider the safety of the community.
Under the Makivik Justice Department, local justice committees, para-judicial program, and corrections program have been implemented and are running, which all offer direct services to the population at various stages of the justice and correctional system. In addition, the Montreal main office consists of the director, three program coordinatators, gladue writers, and other support staff, oversee the functioning and services delivered under this department. Makivik aims to encourage Inuit to be involved in the justice system and work toward self determination.
We are seeking a Administrative Assistant who will report to the Director.
We strongly encourage Inuit beneficiaries to apply as extensive training and continuous support will be provided to employees that don’t have previous work experience in the justice system. Experience with Inuit and cultural knowledge in general will be valued.
For more information please contact
Paul Palubeskie at firstname.lastname@example.org
Under the guidance of the Director and Program Coordinators, the Administrative Assistant will perform a variety of tasks in different areas of specialization, including but not limited to the following:
- Perform all collaboration between human resources and the Justice department;
- Facilitation and submission of all timesheets and expense forms;
- Prepare travel arrangements in collaboration with Makivik travel department, for the Justice department’s staff;
- Assist in the planning and preparation of meetings and supporting material for distribution;
- Participate in all meetings for the purpose of writing minutes;
- Keep control of the action item list in relation to management meetings;
- Compiling documents pertaining to operations and the department’s staff;
- Organizing the daily administration of the office;
- Sort and route incoming & outgoing mail;
- Perform the duties of a receptionist by answering calls to the department’s office;
- Provide assistance to other staff within the office when requested;
- All other related duties to the secretarial and administrative functions of the department.
- Secondary 5 completed;
- Experience in a work setting equivalent to an Administrative Assistant;
- Language: English. Inuktitut & French is an asset;
- Knowledge of the social, judicial or correctional field is an asset;
- Strong english writing skills;
- Excellent in the use of Microsoft Office (outlook, excel, word, powerpoint);
- Strong capacities to work in a team setting;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Be reliable and autonomous;
- Be of good moral character;
- Be available to travel for trainings or meetings.
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs